POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: Pespective Camera do not give the result I wished. : Re: Pespective Camera do not give the result I wished. Server Time
3 Aug 2024 20:20:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pespective Camera do not give the result I wished.
From: Fab
Date: 1 Nov 2003 08:53:12
Message: <3fa3bac8$1@news.povray.org>
> If you want the cylinder to fill your whole image the radius
> has to be the same as the distance to the camera if the camera angle is
> 90 degree.  If your radius is 250 and the distance from the camera 500
> (it's only 499 in your sample) the cylinder fills half the width of the
> image.

ok. but it is exactly what I do not understand.

in optic, if the radius is 250, the cylinder should NOT fills half the width
of the image.

if I wished to fill half of the image, I need a radius of   tan ( 90 / 4 ) *
499
and that's not the case with povray.

And my question is : Why isn'it like in optic with povray ?

( I need to use povray to build an scientific application but the
perspective camera does not work like it should.... or I do not understand
how it works.. )